Monday, September 24, 2012

Fall!

The weather has turned here in DC, starting last week when the air nipped at my ankles while letting the dog out one morning.  The evenings are darker, but the weather is perfect -- I love when it's actually tolerable to wear jeans again during the day.

I am having fun with mini-cookie cutters lately and snapped up a fall set a few weeks back.  After whipping up a batch last week, I was so happy with the way they turned out that I hurriedly baked another before heading out to dinner on Friday night.  Thanks to SweetSugarBelle for the inspiration (as always!):



Needless to say, we ended up with a LOT of mini cookies in our house.  I've been giving them away left and right, and they were a great dessert for a dinner party last night.  I think Maury will hope we host a dinner party weekly, since my cookie staging area (also known as our dining room table) had to be cleaned off for company!





1 comment: